The Military Academy was built in 1888-1894 on a project by the Czech architect Antonin Kolar. Its facade resembles an ancient fortress with battlements and battle towers.
The Park of the Military Academy is one of the most beautiful in Sofia. It is a fantasy of the Viennese architect Friedrich Grünanger, built in English style with clean lines and lush vegetation. The lake has the shape of the letter “F”. It writes the first letter of the name of the then Bulgarian Tsar Ferdinand. In 1934, the park was surrounded by 1895 barrel rifles. Guns of the disarmed Bulgarian army after the First World War.